I read and watched segments of the testimony of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, III to the Senate Intelligence Committee yesterday, (June 13, 2017). What I learned:
- Jeff Sessions is still the poster child for White Lies.
- Viva definition White Lies: “a harmful, non-trivial word construction expertly formed and delivered such as to avoid hurting one’s own political aspirations.“
- Although Jeff Sessions looks like a Keebler elf, we should stop this comparison. It is a disservice to the goodness and sweetness of Keebler and their elves. A Jeff B.S. III cookie would be doughy-white, bitter, and fall apart at the slightest pressure.
- Obama was given all kinds of flack for being non-Presidential when he wore a white suit. I can’t help but think that Jeff Sessions’ white suit comes with a hood. Just sayin’.
- The crazed element of the GOP is not serious about governing, ethics, truth.
- Jeff Sessions is not serious about the office and his duties as Attorney General. After agreeing to testify, Sessions did not bring any personal artifacts to spark his memory, to offer as proof. By way of comparison, Comey’s notes as FBI Director were copious.
- Gaslighting par excellence. Sessions’ testimony yesterday was a distraction from the really serious healthcare bill going through the Senate. While we were all focused on the little guy testifying by not testifying in the spot light in ring #1, we missed the Flying Wallendas removing the net under cover of dark in the center ring. Eh, that’s an unfair comparison too. The Wallendas were true artists and athletes. But the imagery stands, there will be no net.
And I like to make predictions so far into the future that it doesn’t matter to me whether I’m right or wrong. But on March 3, 2017 I predicted that the penalty for Jeff B.S. III White Lying under oath would be that he would still be Attorney General in a month; 103 days later, I’m still right, he’s still there!
I wish I had been wrong.